<< Advertise Here

Members ONLY Chatroom

<< Back to Forum Listings

Discussion:
Which airfields sell mogas ? I\'m looking to fly my X-air Hawk from Aberdeenshire to Wiltshire in July, anywhere know Where I can fill up with mogas i.e sold at the airfield ?
Started by: Bruce Tibenham
        Thread Born: 19-03-2012 09:12

You must be logged in to submit your comments in this discussion.

[Newest on top]
Muchas gracias gentlemen, im obliged for your imput. Kirkbride sound a good 'un, Pete, plus it's a place I've always fancied getting Acquainted with, Then possibly either halfpenny green or Sywell , where I've been before by car for the LAA rally. Dave, the X-air Hawk sips between 12 to 14 LPH , I plan using 15, she (economy) cruises at about 85 mph, tank holds 60 Lts, couple of stops should be adequate for my trip down to Wiltshire. Thanks again both !
Bruce Tibenham        Reply: 20-03-2012 08:07:35

Ashcroft Beverley Cambridge Cromer Enstone Exeter Ince Northampton Sywell Priory Farm Sherburn-in-Elmet Shoreham Wolverhampton Halfpenny Green
        Reply: 19-03-2012 19:32:34

All these Airfields stock MOGAS Ashcroft Beverley Cambridge Cromer Enstone Exeter Ince Northampton Sywell Priory Farm Sherburn-in-Elmet Shoreham Wolverhampton Halfpenny Green Hope this helps. p.s. A few microlighters will supply MOGAS if requested prior to arrival, I use Terry Viner's strip at Wolvey and Kirkbride for MOGAS as both are convenient stop offs on my usual trips. KIRKBRIDE is not a supplier of MOGAS but with the right attitude they will supply if their cans are filled up and the gyros are all full'ish ;-)
        Reply: 19-03-2012 19:31:33

Whats the range of your x air ? dont forget to take into account the olympics no fly zones down here in the south,I would be inclined to carry a 25 litre plastic container (empty) in case of emergency you will always find someone willing to run you to a gas station from the airfield,seems to me plane owners are much like boat owners,always ready to help out,at least,all the ones I have been fortunate enough to come accross are,but if you go down your chart,pick out likely airstrips,then look them up on the web,I am sure you will find suitable stopoffs.
David Broughall        Reply: 19-03-2012 18:21:45

Thanks David, I have had a cursory look already without much luck, doesn't seem to be a heck of a lot of airfields selling mogas, though...
Bruce Tibenham        Reply: 19-03-2012 09:24:03

Look at airfields en-route on the web,click on thier sites and it will tell you what is available,or look in "pooleys"
David Broughall        Reply: 19-03-2012 09:17:33

Copyright © 2011 [Website & Media]. Designed by Paul Finch / Mike Jones  
www.totheclouds.co.uk www.flexwingpilot.co.uk