<< Advertise Here

Members ONLY Chatroom

<< Back to Forum Listings

Discussion:
Generic discussion on Cameras, mounts (inc customer ones), mounting angles etc. What camera do you recommend ? Whats your editing software ?
Started by: Paul Finch
        Thread Born: 09-02-2012 08:35

You must be logged in to submit your comments in this discussion.

[Newest on top]
I have the new wifi backpack for the go pro 2, it enables remote start/stop record and if u have sn iPhone u can stream the video to it. Handy having the cam on the wingtip n getting the perfect shot. I just use a ram mount to hold the iPhone.
Paul Finch        Reply: 21-02-2012 22:15:20

Go pro is a superb cam , especialy the hero 2 , its only downfall is you need the aditional lcd screen that plugs on the back to set the cam up for viewing , i prefer the new drift HD , it has its own screen for set up , has a rotary lens cam to get it exactly level , and has a radio remote control for record /stop .after all you dont want to record all of a 2hr trip , just the good bits , save some for the journey home .
Gary Johnson        Reply: 21-02-2012 21:31:46

Has anyone made or have designs for a mount which attached to the front center for the wing, so the camera faces the trike, thought this would give a unique perspective of the trike moving instead of the wing...
Paul Finch        Reply: 10-02-2012 12:29:56

Thought id share my custom wing tip mount, i created it from a brass bar used in a cistern (yes the toilet thing with a ball on the end) as the brass bar already had a thread on one end and a fixing hol on the other. I use this in most of my videos, very little vibration even when on the ground. See the album on my profile for more pics.
Paul Finch        Reply: 10-02-2012 09:05:47

Warren: im gonna check out that software (always looking for better) I have seen Angelas filming skills with the helmet mount, good effect. I think my next mount will be fixed onto the wing jutting out from the front centre looking back at the pilot. Watch this space :)
Paul Finch        Reply: 10-02-2012 08:56:34

I use a GoPro Hero 2 camera and Sony vagas movie studio HD platinum 11. You can download a trial version of it at http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudiope . It comes with a built in tutorial which is brilliant and guides you through it all as you go. I can thoroughly recommend both of these. I have only used my camera once so far in the microlight mounted on my pasengers helmet and was pleased with the results. (see the video on my profile).
Warren Biddulph        Reply: 09-02-2012 19:02:58

excellent light weight mount the 'zoot' mount, perfect for tube fastening, really good for aeroloil sections eg lift struts on thrusters, or pegasus aerofoil uprights, the quantum washout rods needed a little padding out with tape but still worked well. I got mine off ebay just search for 'zoot camera mount.
Robert Mckellar        Reply: 09-02-2012 15:01:31

I currently have the GoPro HD (mark 1), what is the best editing software i can use, Im also interested in any customer mounts people have made etc.
Paul Finch        Reply: 09-02-2012 08:48:07

Copyright © 2011 [Website & Media]. Designed by Paul Finch / Mike Jones  
www.totheclouds.co.uk www.flexwingpilot.co.uk